Author: Meredith Potts
Narrator: Lisa Beacom
Publisher: Meredith Potts
Series: The Daley Buzz Cozy Mysteries, Book 2
Released: Jan. 25, 2018
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Sabrina Daley’s world is turned upside down when a local psychic predicts that her missing sister will be found.
Unfortunately, the psychic, Miss Terri, is unable to provide any further details.
Desperate for something more to work with, Sabrina shows up at Miss Terri’s house the next day, ready to beg for another psychic reading. Instead, Sabrina finds Miss Terri’s lifeless body.
So when the local police have trouble solving Terri’s murder, Sabrina sets out to bring the psychic’s killer to justice before they strike again.
Meredith Potts loves corgis, cupcakes, and captivating books. Her mysteries usually feature all three.
Sign up to my audio book mailing list here and be the first to find out about my newest books.
Lainie Pahos is a Chicago native who is currently based in Los Angeles continuing her work on stage and screen.
Q&A with Author Meredith Potts
- Tell us about the process of turning your book into an audiobook.
- It’s an incredible experience hearing your words read aloud. Writing is such a solitary activity that it feels particularly special listening to a narrator make your characters come alive.
- Do you believe certain types of writing translate better into audiobook format?
- I certainly believe that it doesn’t hurt to have a playful, humorous writing style with snappy dialogue. Then again, whodunits probably translate well to any format. After all, who doesn’t love a good mystery?
- How did you select your narrator?
- I held an open audition. That’s how I’ve found both of my wonderful narrators.
- Were there any real life inspirations behind your writing?
- I used to work at a coffee shop for a number of years, so I used some of my real-life experiences slinging lattes as the inspiration for Daley Buzz, the cafe in my series. People are very particular about how they want their coffee and that is reflected in a number of scenes throughout the series.
- How do you manage to avoid burn-out? What do you do to maintain your enthusiasm for writing?
- There’s a new murder case in each book of the series, which brings a unique set of new wacky characters and motives into play. As for the writing, I try to take the weekends off. Everyone needs a break now and then.
- Is there a particular part of this story that you feel is more resonating in the audiobook performance than in the book format?
- The dialogue really stands out more when read aloud, I find. So much depends on the performance of the narrator, which is why I’m so glad that I found two fantastic narrators.
- How did you celebrate after finishing this novel?
- It really is hard to go wrong with chocolate.
- In your opinion, what are the pros and cons of writing a stand-alone novel vs. writing a series?
- I love writing a series because it allows me to explore different parts of a character’s personality and shine the light on various aspects of their life.
- What bits of advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Write to market. And invest in the marketing of your writing.
- What’s next for you?
- There’s a Daley Buzz spinoff on the way. I can’t wait to share the new series with my readers and listeners.
➜Sign up as a host here
One thought on “#BlogTour – CARAMELS WITH A SIDE OF MURDER by Meredith Potts”