On Tour with Prism Book Tours.
Winning her over means winning everything
Sophie Callahan is PI Brad Harrington’s best lead to tracking down the man he’s been hired to bring to justice: Sophie’s own thieving father. But when Brad arrives at The Pampered Pooch, just behind a litter of stray kittens, the pet-store owner is the big surprise. This scrappy, huge-hearted woman with charm to spare gets to Brad in a way no one has ever been able to before. She spends her life finding—and making—homes for others: abandoned pets, her young niece. He’ll have to tell her why he’s really here. Which means he’ll have to choose between his sail-away dreams and the chance to build a forever home—with her.
Big City Charm by Cari Lynn Webb
My July release, The Charm Offensive, is set in one of my favorite cities: San Francisco. I loved to visit the city as a child and then after college, I was fortunate to live next to Golden Gate Park for several years. Even today, the city still holds a special place in my heart. I fell in love in the city and seventeen years later, my husband and I still talk about our first date to the Orpheum Theatre followed by a toast at The Fairmont Hotel.
There’s a long-standing debate about small town living versus big city living, tiny houses versus sprawling estates covering acres of land, neighbors or no neighbors. Depending on my mood (or how much teenage drama is coursing through our house), I’ll voice my preference for one over the other. However, Sophie Callahan and Brad Harrington, from The Charm Offensive, would choose a life in the city every time.
So in celebration of the City by the Bay, here are just a few charms of living in San Francisco:
- Biking across the Golden Gate bridge and taking the ferry back to Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Artisanal foods and the ability to satisfy any food craving at any time.
- The faded lettering etched into the buildings that serve as reminders of a buildings’ long history. (And getting to live in one of those turn of the century Victorian flats with original hardwood floors, intricate molding and having a bedroom in what had once been the parlor or drawing room.)
- Street fairs, street performers, street art. Farmer’s markets, food trucks and festivals.
- Museums that celebrate the past, present and future of the arts.
- AT&T Park, the SF Giant’s baseball stadium, with a view of the Bay from just about every seat.
- Grace Cathedral that offers a calm oasis from the bustle of the city and even yoga on Tuesdays in the indoor labyrinth.
- The fog that blankets the city and the bay, changing the view daily with its arrival and departure.
There’s so much more to San Francisco than this simple list and now I’m tempted to make some travel plans to visit the city again soon to see what else I haven’t yet discovered in the City by the Bay.
About the Author
Cari Lynn Webb lives in South Carolina with her husband, daughters and assorted four-legged family members. She’s been blessed to see the power of true love in her grandparent’s 70 year marriage and her parent’s marriage of over 50 years. She knows love isn’t always sweet and perfect, it can be challenging, complicated and risky. But she believes happily-ever-afters are worth fighting for. She loves to connect with readers. Visit her at her website.
July 2nd: Launch
It’s All About the Romance
With Love for Books
Christian Suspense Author Mary Alford
Deal Sharing Aunt
Hearts & Scribbles
A Baker’s Perspective
Katie’s Clean Book Collection
Becky on Books
Thoughts of a Blonde
Rockin’ Book Reviews
Christy’s Cozy Corners
Reading Is My SuperPower
Inside the Mind of an Avid Reader
Book Lover in Florida
July 10th: Grand Finale
– 1 winner will receive a Baubelle Expandable, Inspirational Charm Bracelet and signed copy of Make Me a Match (US only)
– 1 winner will receive a $50 Amazon e-gift card and ebook of Make Me a Match (open internationally)
– Ends July 14th