I have been nominated for a Liebster Award! If you’ve been roaming around the blogosphere for a while, you would have seen the Liebster Award mentioned. The Liebster Award started circulating back in 2011. It’s a way to acknowledge and support up and coming blogs. It works a bit like a chain letter, with bloggers nominating other bloggers who then answer a series of questions on their blog and pass the torch on to more bloggers.
I was nominated by Renee from Hey Said Renee.
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
How long have you been blogging?
Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog to show my love of books with others through reviews, blog tours, blitzes, cover reveals, and giveaways and support authors!
What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Blogging allows me to connect with my favorite authors, meet new authors and other bloggers, give books away, win books by new authors, spread the word about books and authors, and share my love of books!
Where is your favourite place to read?
I truly enjoy laying next to the pool and reading. Due to a recent run-in with potential skin cancer, I will be more diligent to lay in the shade and wear sunscreen! I do wear a large sunhat and oversized sunglasses LOL
What is your favourite mode of transport?
Depending on where I am traveling, I prefer to drive so we can witness the scenery where we are going and stop along the way to explore. Airplanes can get you somewhere fast but you lose out on the opportunities of experiencing the land traveled. Boats are out of the question as I hate the water.
If you could have a super power, what would it be?
My super power would be to read without falling asleep! This is the most annoying trait as I usually fall asleep then when I wake up, I don’t remember where I fell asleep so I have to re-read parts.
How long have you lived in your current house?
I have lived in the same community in Jacksonville, Florida for 6 years currently, prior was 1 year in Iowa and South Dakota, and then the same community 3 years before that, so technically I have lived in this community for 9 years. I tried to move back home to Iowa where family is but I couldn’t withstand the 6 feet of snow we received that year. I enjoy Florida weather so much more!
If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
I prefer anywhere there is nice weather and NO snow! I really enjoy living in Florida as long as I have access to a private pool LOL even though where I live has a community pool, I know a lot of the neighbors and we are a smaller community so not a lot of visitors to the pool. So thankful for that!
If you could only eat one type of food for the next month, what would you choose?
I would eat Greek food. The building I work in in downtown Jacksonville just opened an awesome Greek restaurant. Their food is so fresh! Salads and Tabouleh are so amazing!
If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your 16 year old self?
When I was 16, I moved from Iowa to Florida so I was a little emotional and enjoyed eating fudge popsicles aka put on 10 lbs of unnecessary weight. I would tell myself to take volleyball and fitness (especially shoulder and knee rehab) more serious as I could have went further in college playing sports.
What is the last book you read?
I just finished ROMANCING THE RANGER by Jennie Marts and it was AMAZING!! I am currently reading an ARC by T.A. Williams that will be posting in the next couple weeks! You don’t want to miss this!
11 RANDOM FACTS:
- I LOVE milk chocolate & Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!!
- I HATE water and being wet (but I live in Florida, 20 minutes from the beach)
- I grew up in Iowa, helping my grandfather on the family farm.
- I have allergies to mold so therefore I am sensitive to different cheeses.
- Even though I hate needles, I LOVE acupuncture!! SO relaxing!
- I live in flip-flops. Seriously.
- I cannot go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink.
- Right after I began my blog, I went back to school for my PhD (while working full time and being a single mother to 2). Yes, I am crazy.
- I cannot stand hearing someone have the hiccups, including animals.
- My favorite nail color is OPI Strawberry Margarita but I don’t drink. EVER.
- I have donated 19″ of hair to Pantene’s Beautiful Lengths.
- Rhonda with Granny Loves to Read
- Susie with Susieqlaw’s Blog
- Mary with Ms. Bird Lady: The Intellectual Blog
- Robin with Reading with Robin
- Cindy with Thoughts on This ‘n That
- How long have you been blogging?
- Why did you begin blogging?
- Do you judge a book by its cover?
- Which author would you love to meet and why?
- What has/have been your favorite book(s) to read this year?
- What book(s) are you looking forward to that is/are releasing this year?
- Are you guilty of binge watching Netflix? If so, which show?
- How many hours a week do you spend reading typically ?
- What is a book from your childhood that you absolutely adored?
- Are you an e-reader, hardback, paperback, or audio reader?
- Do you read the book before seeing the movie?